Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

finally finished orientation today. I did manage to get out surfing this morning with my friend Will who is working on a PhD here. I used his 9'4" Mctavish board and we went out to the Banks Peninsula and surfed at Magnet's Bay. It was a beautiful left pointbreak set among the volcanic landscape of the peninsula. the waves were 2-3 meters high and perfect, especially since we were in the water at sunrise. I then spent the afternoon down a the beach since the clouds finally broke and we got some sun. I also finally got my hands on a phone and a surfboard of my own. I have to register for classes thursday and then will hopefully head off somewhere for the weekend. I promise to get more pics up soon since I probably have another100 or so on my camera.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment