Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sorry for the delayed update. Classes started last monday and are all going well. I have all my classes in the mornings and then labs a few times a week in the afternoons. Last weekend was fun filled, albeit not quite as amazing as the previous one. Friday night I went to a Christchurch Crusaders rugby game with a bunch of people, face paint worked its way into the mix and we all had a great time. Saturday there was a reggae concert on campus from noon-7 featuring the top NZ reggae bands including the Black Seeds, and Six Sixty. It was pretty hilarious people watching, and from what I can tell kiwis haven't gotten the memo that it is no longer the 1970s...By this I mean that there are ridiculous amounts of mullets, short shorts, cut off jean shorts, and bright neon colors everywhere. Like I said, its pretty damn funny. Sunday I went to a farmers market/flea market in the morning, surfed the Tsunami warning in the afternoon and then went to a cricket game that night. For the record rugby and cricket are incredibly confusing, but Cricket is possibly the stupidest game I have ever watched. Any sport that can go into overtime with a tie score of 214-214 should not exist. Right now I'm trying to make it through a week with no swell and then myself and all the other kids I came over with are heading down to Queenstown for the weekend! We're going tramping one day and then luge(ing)?,not on ice but the cement tracks that they have at ski areas, and BUNGEE JUMPING! WOOOOO should be sweet, i'm sure there will be another entire photo album by the end of the weekend to make everyone just a little bit more jealous. hahahaha

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment