Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Halfway hopeful

I think we are around the halfway mark. I think. Thankfully the wind picked up late in the day yesterday and through the night, we are now flying along at 11 kts of boat speed, headed on a pretty direct course to Lizard point with a VMG around 9-10 kts! This breeze is supposed to hold for the next day or so before we get into a new system, but hopefully we will have reasonably steady winds from now on. Sitting in no wind yesterday sucked. Now that we have moved North it has gotten dramatically colder and everyone is basically just living in longjohns. Everyone except Tom, the British kid, who is still walking around barefoot in just a jacket and boardshorts. I don´t think he got the memo that the boat is no longer in the South Pacific. Cameron and I cooked up a mean feed of bacon cheeseburgers and coleslaw last night that went over very well with our foreign friends. Considering neither of us had ever made coleslaw, that we used proscuitto for bacon and mini bagels for buns I think it was a great success. On another note; Kyle I cannot explain how thankful I am that I have your Itouch. I have been wasting away countless hours playing Angry Birds, Tiny Wings, Fruit Ninja and Icopter and it has been awesome. We have a set of nice little speakers that we have been using to play music when we are on watch which has been great too. On a music note, the only time I think I could ever listen to German rock music would be at Oktoberfest, heavily intoxicated. Being on a boat listening to a bunch of men over the age of 45-50 chant along at the top of their lungs to terrible music in a coarse foreign language is on my list of least favorite things. They however greatly enjoy the country that Cameron and I listen to so we´ve been pushing to play as much of that as we can. hahahahaha. We´re being optimistic and hoping to be in England within a week of tomorrow! Well, here´s to hoping anyway.

ta ta for now!

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment